- Run your website with a web crawling tool
- The very first step is that you should know the exact status of your internal links with a crawling tool. This will let you know where the internal links are, where they are not existing, which page of your website has broken links, etc. And for this, Scream Frog is the best option to crawl the data. Moreover, the data you will gather is the In-links, out-links, unique In-links, unique out-links, crawl depth, indexability, etc. You will get all these data points in one report.
- Find internal linking opportunities for improvement
- Now, you have to find the analysis part of your audit after collecting the site’s data. Some of the things you will get are high crawl depth, top-performing pages with few links, pages with few internal links, orphan pages, and outliers & inconsistent patterns.
- You should review your external report in order to your site’s data. The top sources for reviewing are Ahrefs and Moz. These sources will help you get some more opportunities to improve your internal links. This data will be useful for the needs and goals of your company.
- Implement your new internal links
- After running your first internal linking analysis, you will easily get the opportunities for your existing pages. So, the question that arises is how will you decide that you should link to which page and what would be the best strategy to do so? You will get the answer with the help of some practices such as linking with the high-performing pages, using meaningful Anchor text, and avoiding over-linking.
So, if you want to have an expert who will help you audit your internal links, you can come and talk to our team because we are very happy to help you. Our team will help you evaluate all the current linking strategies to improve the SEO performance of your business. Come today and take the advantage to get the best for your business.