Custom Software Development
Custom Software Development is the designing of software applications for a specific user or group of users within a organization.
Custom Software vs. off the shelf:
Off-the-shelf software consists of a software application available to a large audience for varying, albeit fundamentally similar needs. So here is the custom software which caters solutions to the users according to the requirements.
Pros and Cons of Custom Software Applications:
Designing an application with the organizations needs in consideration implies an implied level of productivity, hence cost of it is offset by the promise of increased efficiency. This thereby is a smart course of action because tailor made solutions are offered.
Coming to the cons, custom software comes with high amounts of costs and risks associated with the development process. Whereas the off-the-shelf software can afford a low price point because the cost is being distributed between many different users whereas custom software is created for one user -your company.
Custom software is thereby
- Tailor made
- Provides minimal cost
- Can be maintained as long is one required to be
- Can integrate multiple processes in one software application
- One can have full access to a Technical support team, who have been part in the whole development process and thus all the encountered problems can be resolved efficiently.
Development of Custom Software:
- Business Analysis: Experienced business analysts specializing in different domains (including app development) take an up-close look at the idea to identify the most attractive options before launching the project.
- Prototyping: This stage grants the organization a chance to see how the solution will look like and which functionality it will have. So, the customer and the developer agree on all the necessary features and eliminate any inaccuracy in the interpretation of the app idea.
- System Specification: System specification plays a crucial role in the product development process. The project’s documentation is prepared by savvy system analysts and developers, as they can make sure that the documentation complies with all the security, performance and functionality requirements.
- Agile Development: It is a highly flexible software development methodology. It is often employed in custom projects due to a high degree of collaboration it provides. Agile methods make it possible to respond rapidly to continuous changes throughout the whole project.