Significant Factors to consider while designing eCommerce website:-
Do you want to design an ecommerce website? If “Yes”, then why do you need it? How much expensive it will be? Definitely you will looking something for less expense and in returns more success. Of course, need to do online business, make it success and make money. And success factor is then when everything goes right.
So here you need to understand well how understand the process, factors & feasible way to get your target of ecommerce website development accomplished.
Important factors to consider:-
- Domain name selection:The domain name selection also stands important before you start designing ecommerce website. You need to remember while you select the domain name, it should be easy and short enough to remember, represent online shopping category, should be advantageous for branding and capable of giving SEO benefits.
- Products for online store:Now here is the big question, what products you want to sell online? If you already have a store, retails or grocery etc., you can easily get idea of what products you want to put online to sell. Also you can make wide research on this, which products are easy to put online and are in great demand and generate great revenue. You can decide to put all category products and as well you can make selection of specific category of products in much demand.
- eCommerce Platform: Now this what the business people or entrepreneurs expect to get provided with easy to use management systems being a non-technical and not related to any programming or coding background. Now you can have user friendly ecommerce website management system, where you can regularly upgrade content & update products easily. Some of good examples of ecommerce platforms are magento, opencart & prestashop etc. Also content management systems like joomla, wordpress and drupal can be used, but they require to install ecommerce plugins and modules.
- Payment Process: Before the ecommerce website goes live, you need to think and arrange the ease payment process for the customers to buy product on your ecommerce website. Payment gateway integration with the website as well cash on delivery (COD) are the options available, depending on customers whatever they opt to choose to pay for the product they buy on your ecommerce website.
- Security: There are too many hackers around the world, who desperately are waiting to hack your ecommerce website to steal the data. Your ecommerce website will have the customer data, which is required to keep it secured. Also the payment transaction needs to be processed securely. You can provide secure connection to your website through SSL (Secured Sockets Layers). You may opt SSLs from best providers such as VeriSign, GeoTrust, Comodo and Digicert etc.
- Hosting: You can expect good amount of traffic on you ecommerce website. So the good configuration of hosting server can handle better traffic. Your ecommerce website can have high number of traffic with multiple transactions at times, if you have some fantastic offers on high demand products. So making server choice stands more significant. There are three types of hosting which can be considered as choice of selection depending upon the size of your ecommerce website, and the target traffic expected at particular time with possible number of transactions happening simultaneously – Virtual Private Server hosting, Dedicated server hosting and Cloud hosting.