Major programming languages used for website design & development
Being a novice in the world of programming, it is important to have basic knowledge and understanding of programming languages for the ones who have the desire to make their career in website design and web development.
Let’s take a look at some of the major programming languages used for web design and website development:
- HTML (Hypertext Markup Language): HTML is a hypertext language. It is the fundamental language for website design and development. HTML is a frontend language and describes how the web page should be structured.
- CSS (Cascading Style Sheets): CSS is also a fundamental language for website designing along with HTML. CSS defines the styling of the HTML page looks and how HTML elements display.
- PHP (Hypertext Preprocessor): PHP is open source scripting language widely used for web development and is the language that offers advance features that professional programmers crave for. For a beginner it is very simple language to learn and within short period of time can start writing simple scripts. There are widely used CMS, which are built using PHP, for e.g., wordpress, joomla & drupal etc.
- Java : Java is general purpose high level programming language. It is open source programming language, which is class based and object oriented. It used MVC (Modal View Controller) framework. Due to its nature as object oriented, its not only used for website development, but also for standalone applications , software development useful for enterprise applications and small businesses.
- Python: Python is most popular open source dynamic language which lets you work quickly and integrate systems more effectively. It supports object oriented and structured language. It is one of the favourite language for developers and easy to learn due to its flexibility and offering plenty of features and resources.