Web Frameworks for Development
Websites can be designed statically and developed dynamically. When we think of developing websites dynamically, the basic idea comes in our mind is content management system (CMS). But apart from CMS, there are also frameworks for developing website or web applications. Generally we call it as web framework. A web frame work is nothing but a software frame work which is designed to develop web applications, web services and web APIs. They are designed in such a way, that they reduce the efforts of developers, by making development speed fast. Rather than creating or developing code from scratch, they provide well organised, reusable and maintainable code. The web frame works follow the MVC (Model-View-Controller) pattern. Many website developers like to use web frameworks to develop websites and web applications and find them very easy and effortless to work on.
List of web frameworks based on programming language:
- ASP.NET:- This is web application frame work model which follows MVC model, is developed by Microsoft. Used for developing websites & web applications.
- C++:- CppCMS — High Performance C++ Web Framework is designed to handle extremely high loads and for faster developments.
- ColdFusion Markup Language (CFML):- This web frame work is the scripting language for web development. It runs on java virtual machine (JVM), .NET framework and Google app engine.
- Java:- There’s long list of java web frame works. Some of examples are: jspx – free open source frame work, OpenXava – is AJAX java framework for enterprise web development, etc.
- Perl:- Perl is next generation web frame work. Example: Catalyst is an open source frame work, implements MVC, provides comprehensive and flexible environment for rapid development of high end applications.
- PHP:- PHP frame works helps rapid application development and build stable applications. Examples : Codeignitor, CakePHP, etc
- Python:- Python have some of the famous web frameworks. Examples : Django, Flask, Pyramid, etc. Also follows MVC model
- Ruby:- Ruby on Rails is the web frame work which follows MVC and includes everything that is needed to build database-backed web applications.